The commercial farm Natur Vera s.s. is specialiazed in intensive crop farming in greenhouses, open field and soiless culture. It has an agricultural land in Contrada Miucia, Ispica, Ragusa Area; it produces and harvests for 10 months a year, selling and exporting fruits and vegetables in Italy and Europe such as tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, aubergines, artichokes, melons, watermelons and mini-watermelons.
The farm requirements were to implement and integrate the existing drip irrigation system with a reliable fertigation system, for accurate and precise delivery of nutrients.
The Hydro Tech ltd team designed and offered the most long-term, reliable and flexible solution on market: a 6-channels dosing unit, for easy switching between nutrigation recipes for different crops, with standard pH and EC measurement and remote control of the entire process.
Our skilled experts designed first a control room comprehensive of all necessary equipments:
- The automated dosing unit, for fertilizers injection and irrigation scheduling;
- Safety helical disc filter, to protect the dosing unit and ensure long-term service;
- Pressure reducing valve upstream;
- 12 electric valves for irrigation control, one for each zone;
- 5 storage tanks for accurate fertilizers mixing (potassium, nitrates...);
- 1 storage tank for chemical's mixing, for application of acids or pesticides treatments.